LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS... welcome to the big top blog of Douglas McPherson, author of CIRCUS MANIA, the book described by Gerry Cottle as "A passionate and up-to-date look at the circus and its people."

Monday 15 June 2015

# Tiger Douglas!



Not being on Twitter, I've only just noticed what a storm blew up around my Daily Telegraph article, A Critic's Plea: Stop All Arts Funding Now.

There have been newspaper articles about it and blogs. No less than the chief executive of the Arts Council weighed in with a column. I was even given my own hashtag on Twitter - #tigerdouglas, which makes amusing reading.

The nickname came from this brilliant send-up in Exeunt Magazine which you just have to read to the end. The tears of laughter are still rolling down my face!

2 comments:

  1. Also just found out that someone began sending tweets as @tigerdouglas - it wasn't me, but very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just found out that someone began sending tweets as @tigerdouglas - it wasn't me, but very funny!

    ReplyDelete