LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS... welcome to the big top blog of Douglas McPherson, author of CIRCUS MANIA, the book described by Gerry Cottle as "A passionate and up-to-date look at the circus and its people."

Thursday 26 September 2013

Children of the Circus


"Normally when they're fourteen or fifteen they'll get their own caravan and live outside. My eldest doesn't want me to kick her out. I keep saying, 'I'll buy you a nice caravan.' 'No, no, I'm fine where I am.'"
- Gracie, Circus Mondao

What's it like to grow up in the big top? Or to run away with the circus? Find out from the stars and showmen who live their lives in the sawdust circle, in Circus Mania - The Ultimate Book For Anyone Who Dreamed of Running Away with the Circus by Douglas McPherson.

"A brilliant account of a vanishing art form." - The Mail on Sunday.

Buy direct from Peter Owen Publishers for just £10 including postage.

Peter Owen Publishers
81 Ridge Road
London N8 9NP

Tel: 020 8350 1775

No comments:

Post a Comment